I was divorced over ten years ago, even loosing full time custody of my three children due to unfairness, uncaring, corruption in Bergen County. This is my journey in having to deal with this, trying to stay positive and raising my three children alone, where I was struggling financially and physically due to many aliments. My children are now young adults, and have moved on with their lives and no longer live with me, but of course, they still always need their mom!
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving is almost here! Happy Thanksgiving to all! I hope everyone has loved ones close to them on this day, if they choose! I have divorced, single brothers now who sometimes don't even care if Thanksgiving is shared with family or not. That is hard to swallow when my family, filled with six brothers and some sister-in-laws, use to get together all the time! From the start my mom would have all of us together for dinner on Sunday when my brothers were first married. Then when the kids came, we celebrated every birthday together. We always had holidays together, but some brothers would go to their wives for dinner. I always one to love my family, always say how close we were, and how we would do anything for each other. Well, yes, times have apparently changed!
But, that is what life is full of changes, each and every day we change! I use to love change, move the furniture around, etc. But now, I do not. I miss my children young, I miss being a family with my husband, and I miss my family, with my mom and dad which will never exist again because they are in Heaven now. And since then, with some of us divorcing, has separated my family. Acceptance is the key. I have to look at it as I will always love them, if something happens to anyone I would be there in a heartbeat. But for now, some of them want their space, to be alone, to be with their own family, etc. So be it. It was so nice for me when the family I help out was so excited when I told them I would come for dinner. They invited me a few weeks ago when they knew my kids would be with their Dad. So, when I told them the other day, they were so excited, telling me how their parents are going to be thrilled, and the kids are going to be thrilled!! Wow, what a difference to feel loved by a family that isn't even yours, and my own family basically said, "No Carol, we do not want to spend Thanksgiving with you and your three single brothers this year! We want to be alone" Is that what holidays are about, being in your own private circle, which is family, but now not wanting to be with your brothers and sister because your daughter has her nose in the air and doesn't want us? How is this grateful, nice, kind, giving and loving?? Wow, I would never expect this from the daughter of a Mother who is an Angel on this earth!! Holidays are about being with people you LOVE and WANT to be with, with the attitude I received from my other family, I am so happy you can come!! Oh, your going to be alone for Thanksgiving? Come then, that is what I am use to, that is what I expect from family and the people I love. Guess it's not so anymore, such a shame. It will change my relationship with them all, for sure. I have nothing to say to Sheryl for awhile. That was very selfish, and for my brother and his wife to go along, and not say something about expecting to invite us or we will go to dinner as planned, is a stab in my back. They do not want to spend this Thanksgiving with us, just fine, no worries, but don't say something when I change the way I feel about you and don't come over your home to visit. I never get invited anyway, it was always me who says what are you doing? I will come by. Always me.
So, anyway, I am happy. Happy to spend Thanksgiving with two families I love!! And four small children that love me and I love!! So, yes, I am blessed. And I do have my three beautiful children who I love dearly, of course!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment