I was divorced over ten years ago, even loosing full time custody of my three children due to unfairness, uncaring, corruption in Bergen County. This is my journey in having to deal with this, trying to stay positive and raising my three children alone, where I was struggling financially and physically due to many aliments. My children are now young adults, and have moved on with their lives and no longer live with me, but of course, they still always need their mom!
Friday, August 17, 2012
Kids, all of them!
So, it just seems lately that so many of us are dealing with out of control children. Children that seem so ungrateful, curse back at their parents telling them to just "shut up!" Maybe sometimes even worse than that which I have encountered before. So, what do we do? What do we do when our children are so nasty to us, and we don't know how to stop them? They just seem like they just don't care. Respect in the younger generation is gone. Respect for their parents, respect for their elders. They are handed everything they need and want, Iphones, Mac computers, everything they want, they get. Even if they curse us out and abuse us.
What's the answer? How do we change this? What do we do? Well, first of all we can stop it by not allowing this behavior and accepting it. Telling them how wrong their behavior is, and how it will not be tolerated in this house. Abuse stops when we stop it from happening by not tolerating it. Let them do without, at least let them suffer for awhile before taking them shopping, buying them new clothes, etc. It is called, "NO!" Just a simple no will do, no until you know how to talk to me without abuse. Be honest, let them know the truth about how they are speaking to you.
I know from experience how I allowed her to talk to me the way she did. Yes, I got mad and upset at her, but never told her, I won't be close to her again until she learns how to respect me totally. She knows how she is suppose to treat me, like she treats her other elders, her Aunts and Uncles. So why does she think she can treat me this way?? What is wrong with them? No, not everything is okay, not everything is acceptable. We treat others how we want to be treated. Don't we all want to be loved, and treated kindly and fairly? Yes, that's pretty much it. So, why do they think it's okay to curse out their parents? Could it be from what they see at home? Are they angry about their life, their upbringing and don't even realize it?
My children yell at me, and switch the entire thing and tell me I freaked out! No, you freaked out on me, which is unacceptable, and I was only trying to explain that to you. No, it doesn't have to do with me stressing out about money, or your Dad who can't accept the changes made in my favor in Court. We all need to be responsible for our own behavior, own up to what we say and do, and have enough balls to apologize if your behavior is out of control. We all make mistakes, no one is perfect, no one is happy 100% if time, except me! LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment