I was divorced over ten years ago, even loosing full time custody of my three children due to unfairness, uncaring, corruption in Bergen County. This is my journey in having to deal with this, trying to stay positive and raising my three children alone, where I was struggling financially and physically due to many aliments. My children are now young adults, and have moved on with their lives and no longer live with me, but of course, they still always need their mom!
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Okay, so I know many of us are single parents, divorced, etc. I just think when your in this position maybe you need support from others that you don't have.I definetely feel from my own experience, married couples have no idea what it's like to be a single parent. They complain about having too much to do, but imagine not having a spouse to help you with anything? To split chores, etc, is much easier than having to be responsible for everything in your life! I have to say, I am alot like my mother that way, doing everything yourself, not asking for help.
Help, nice word. I believe we are here to help each other, to serve others. That's what it's all about. And so many parents are catering to their children, kissing their butts and giving them anything and everything they want! Why I ask? Why would you want to teach your child that they are going to get everything they want, materialistic or getting their way? And if your teenage daughter is cursing you out everyday, then why are you buying her a new desk chair for $300? And why are you giving her everything she wants? Don't you realize you are rewarding her negative behavior? I find many Mother's who work, and have a babysitter, or nanny, watching their children every day, do this very often. Do they feel badly for not being around 24/7 to raise them? Is it easier to cater to them then to deal with their tantrums when you say "NO"? Because I know that's whats going on if you give them everything. And these children are very selfish, selfcentered, lazy, expect others to cater to them as well. They have no discipline, no consequences for their behavior, and the parent's are not even teaching them the golden rule, to be responsible for their own behavior. To own up, be tough, be strong, and apologize, admit our wrongs, and learn and grown from them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment